South Florida Autism Charter Schools, Inc. is an open-enrollment, tuition-free, public charter school. SFACS has not-for-profit 501C3 status and all donations are tax-deductible. All donations go directly into the school budget and are used to enhance our programs and services.
SFACS success is a direct result of support from the communities we serve. We have directly benefited from the hard work of volunteers, the support of civic and community leaders and the generous financial donations of individuals and charitable foundations.
As a public school, we receive funds from the State of Florida that cover most of our day-to-day operating expenses. However, SFACS requires gifts to provide the resources to maintain our 3:1 student-to-teacher classroom ratio, provide specialized equipment and curriculum for our students, and employ highly-qualified and well-trained teachers and therapists. Our growth and continued success relies on the generosity of individuals, private companies and charitable foundations.
Gifts of any size can make a difference:
• $20 buys a library book
• $100 buys rolls of colorful paper for art school displays and projects
• $500 sends a teacher to a literacy professional development conference
• $1500 buys a middle school science kit
• $5000 buys textbooks middle and high school students
• $10,000 buys a library of leveled books for teaching reading
• $25,000 pays for an office manager to get a school ready to open
• $50,000 pays for 3 weeks of summer training for an entire school staff
• $100,000 can buil
• $1,000,000 can buy a parcel of land for a new school
Ways Companies can get involved
There are many opportunities for corporate sponsorship, as well as existing grant programs that require the participation of a private company. For more information please contact Susan L. Leon (305) 823-2700 ext 2003.
Fundraising efforts are maintained throughout the year, and there are several events that provide opportunities for individuals in the community to participate. For more information please contact Susan Leon (305) 823-2700 ext 2003.
You may also mail your donation to:
South Florida Autism Charter Schools, Inc.
18305 NW 75 Place
Hialeah, Florida 33015
ATTN: Dr. Tamara Moodie
SFACS is a non-profit organization with tax-exempt status.
Thank you for your support